Reed has nearly 30 years of experience in the film and TV industry — and over 50 movies under her belt — as an Emmy-winning casting director and producer. She is behind the breakout movie roles for some of Hollywood's brightest stars, including Halle Berry, Samuel J. Jackson, and Jamie Foxx. Her credits include School Daze, Poetic Justice, Malcolm X, and 125 episodes of In Living Color.
When you reach those places where the decision is, “Do I do it? Do I say something? Do I take the role? What is the decision I make” Where are you?
In this episode you will learn:
1. Learn How Robi decides to become a casting director at the age of 15. 00:2:58
2. Learn What are Robi’s advice and what to ignore her younger self. 00:4:24
3. Learn How this Pandemic did anything to kind of high clarity of purpose in terms of not only who you hang around but what you’re doing in any way? 00:08:37
4. Learn What Robi thinks is the next normal for this moment, specifically with movies and entertainment. 00:10:41
5. Learn How Robi sees all these streaming services such as Netflix, Prime, HBO, Disney, etc. could limit opportunities or expand opportunities to tell more stories. 00:12:29
6. Learn How Robi advises an actor, who has a core belief but there might be a director that wants to perpetuate a stereotype? As we still kind of fight these narratives. 00:18:56
7. Learn How Robi can think about a time when it was a really tough moment, maybe she failed or had a setback but later on ended up being a great opportunity. 00:21:00
8. Learn How Robi sees potential to a talent, cast big stars such as Jamie Foxx, how he sees potential. 00:24:47 9. Learn Who are the 3 People that have impacted Robi Reed in her life and why. 00:31:54
Rob Richardson is the founder of Disruption Now Media, a platform that connects black and brown entrepreneurs, artists, and leaders through interactive events, educational content, podcasts, virtual and in-person summits.
Watch the episode here:
Learn more about DisruptArt, a platform building a more equitable future through NFT's and our collective community